This dynamic course will teach you how to express yourself comfortably in Italian. You'll learn practical, everyday words. You'll read, hear, and practice dialogues based on typical situations that you're likely to encounter if you plan to vacation in Italy. The dialogues and follow-up exercises of each lesson will teach you to communicate in Italian in a wide variety of settings. You'll be surprised by how quickly and easily you can learn many useful expressions in Italian! This course will make it simple to master your pronunciation of Italian. Essential words and phrases are written phonetically by using sounds that are familiar to you from English words. The audio feature lets you hear the words and phrases spoken aloud with just a click of your mouse. Short exercises are included with each lesson to help you reinforce what you've learned and gauge your progress, making it easy to pinpoint areas that you still need to review. The exercises also give you immediate feedback, as you will know whether you answered correctly as soon as you finish.
By the end of the second lesson, you will have already learned about the Italian language's impact on the world, the Italian alphabet, phonetics, and pronunciation, proper forms of address, expressions of courtesy, and how to make introductions. When you reach your final lesson, you will know how to ask for help, ask directions, navigate Italian shops, book a hotel room, order a meal, and much more! Cultural notes are included throughout the course to help you better understand Italians and their way of life. You' will learn what various gestures mean to Italians, which ones to use, and those you should avoid. This course will convince you that learning a language is both fun and rewarding.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.PRE-REQUISITES:
There are no pre-requisites to take this course.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
1. To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
2. To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
1. Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
2. Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
3. Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
4. When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
5. Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
6. On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
7. If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
8. Please click the "Checkout" button.
9. After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
10. If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
11. If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
12. On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
13. Write down your username and password in a safe location!
14. On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)